Alfalfa could just be the supplement your body needs. Its origins include Arab tribesmen noticing how well their horses performed after eating it.
Alfalfa is one of the richest mineral foods known; Alfalfa has been renowned for centuries as the "Father of all foods", due to its beneficial effects on health and vitality. The Alfalfa plant is capable of extending its root system up-to ten meters deep into mother earth, where it searches for minerals and nutrients inaccessible to most other plants. As a result the plant is uncommonly high in nutrients. Rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, Alfalfa plays a vital role in the strength and growth of our bones and in the maintenance of a healthy body. Alfalfa contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Inositol, Biotin and Folic Acid, Vitamins C, D, E and K. It is high in protein, as it is a legume and also the minerals Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium and Iron. It also contains trace quantities of Copper, Manganese, Boron, Cobalt and Molybdenum. Further to this, and very importantly Alfalfa has up to eight enzymes present that are known to promote biochemical reactions that enable food to be assimilated fully within the body.
The 8 essential enzymes found in Alfalfa that assist foods to be assimilated in the body:
* 1. Lipase - fat splitting
* 2. Amylase - acts on starches
* 3. Coagulase - coagulates or clots blood
* 4. Emulsin - acts upon sugar
* 5. Invertase - converts cane sugar to dextrose
* 6. Peroxidate - oxidizing effect of the blood
* 7. Pectinase - forms vegetable jelly
* 8. Protase - digests proteins
The ash of Alfalfa contains 99% available calcium and as such has an alkalizing effect on the body and the digestive system. Alfalfa contains 75.4mg per 100g of digestible iron - an important nutrient well publicized today. This valuable plant is well known for its ability to rid the tissues of excess fluid. Alfalfa is rich in chlorophyll and nutrients and is a good choice of mineral supplement as the minerals present are in a balanced form for absorption.
* Helps rid body tissues of excess fluid, relieving fluid retention and swelling.
* Legumes due to their root depth are typically rich in minerals and protein.
* Provides a good range of amino acids.
* Has an alkalizing effect on the body and digestive system.
* Recognized for its 'fat burning' ability.
* Recognized for normalizing digestive function.
* Assists in appetite regulation.
* An alternative for people with intolerance to grass.
* Natural fibre to support colon health.
* Beneficial to itchy scalp, irritable eyes and 'runny' noses for hay-fever sufferers, chronic catarrh and the 'acid' taste on the tongue of older folk.
* Aids protein-digestion.
* Valuable organic whole food supplement for lactating mothers.
* Helps with the bodies management of cholesterol levels.